In the context of my analysis of online policy observatories, an interesting example is the Go-SPIN (Global Observatory of Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Instruments) project by UNESCO, which aims to provide the following information services:
- STI policies;
- operational STI policy instruments; STI legal frameworks;
- STI national systems: organizational charts and STI priorities;
- a data analysis software managing more than 300 temporal series of indicators: economic, social, educational, industrial, scientific, technological, on innovation, infrastructure, ICTs, etc;
- a database listing organizations that provide technical and financial co-operation on STI issues;
- a web-semantic-text mining multilingual tool with different applications for selecting STI strategic priorities.;
- a digital library with more than 900 UNESCO documents on STI policies.
I am particularly interested in the semantic text mining tool, which however is yet to be completed. Do you know any other policy observatory using semantic technologies?